Traditional standing seam roofing is extremely durable and watertight. This allows you the opportunity to create that aesthetic point of difference for your project that traditional roofing materials don’t allow.
The materials we use have a longer lifespan than traditional roofing materials with low maintenance requirements.
Our collection of roofing profiles offer superior protection against the New Zealand elements. They are designed to stand up to all weather conditions – sunshine, rain, wind, hail and snow.
Our team specialise in the manufacture and installation of aluminium, copper, zinc and pre-painted steel roofing.
Standing seam is a European inspired profile. It encapsulates the best of the traditional style roofing with the advantages of using modern technology.
A feature of standing seam roofing is the ability to adjust tray widths to suit the project requirements ensuring symmetry across the roof.
This profile is an ideal solution when used as a wall cladding.
Standing Seam Batten Cap
A batten cap seam profile adds significant aesthetic value by introducing a board and batten effect to the roof. This allows more dramatic shading depending on the light conditions.
Due to the extra width of the seams this adds an extra visual point of difference.
This profile is an ideal solution when used as a wall cladding in either the vertical or horizontal aspect.
Standing LockSeam Panel
After identifying that there was a gap in the market for a tray roof that fixes directly onto purlins which does not require a plywood substrate, Architectural Metalformers have launched a new addition to their roofing collection.
Smarttray Lock Seam roofing & cladding offers clients the look of a standing seam roof, but without the cost of plywood as it is installed directly onto purlins at 450mm centres.
Standing Seam Roofing (Single or Double Lock)
- Depending on seam height, a minimum pitch of 3° or 5° is achievable
- Enables designers to use the profile to conform to height restrictions on most residential projects
- Tray widths vary from 250-510mm with an upstand of 25 or 38mm
Standing Seam Batten Cap Roofing
- 38x50mm batten cap seam adds significant aesthetic value by introducing a board and batten effect to the roof
- Conforming to height to boundary restrictions is easily achievable with the minimum pitch of 5° for the product
Quick Batten Tray 450(QBT450) Roofing
- The innovative Quick Batten Tray roof system or QBT 450™ is a modern tray-look roof system that is easy to install and cost-effective
- The QBT 450™ is available as a complete system in either coil coated aluminium or steel, and in a range of colours
The indirect or concealed ﬁxing means there are no penetrations, therefore reducing the risk of leaks. The system allows for thermal expansion and contraction, which permits unrestricted movement in earthquakes, for example.
It looks equally attractive when used as a wall cladding.
Standing Seam Custom Panel Roofing
The smarttray 510 Standing Seam Custom Panel is ideal for a bespoke/custom-made roof
Custom made roofs require planning and design input at the early stages of the project so please contact our office at the beginning of the design process.
Examples of this type of panel include:
- the aluminium conical feature roof on the ASB Head Office in the Auckland Viaduct
- the copper wave dome roof for the Auckland War Memorial Museum on the Auckland Domain
- the curved copper roof to the Vodafone Head Office
- High end residential curved, splayed roofing
The indirect or concealed fixing means that there are no penetrations, therefore reducing the risk of leaks. The system allows for thermal expansion and contraction which permits unrestricted movement in earthquakes for example.
It looks equally attractive when used as a wall cladding
- 305mm wide profile is suitable for most roofing projects
- It is particularly suited to accommodate curved roof designs
- Ability to drape in either concave and convex shapes
- Suitable for a minimum pitch of 5°, this profile is widely used in all residential projects needing to conform to height restrictions and low roof designs
- It looks equally attractive on a 45° pitch roof or used as a wall cladding
- Tested to withstand in excess of up to 3 times the accepted test pressure of a trapezoidal tray roof and eliminated wind uplift to the highest levels
- This product is installed with the same robust flashing system and attention to detailing as Architectural Metalformers’ traditional roofing
- Available only in Aluminium and Steel